Salmon oil is rich in healthy omega 3 fatty acids. Healthy omega 3 fatty acids are considered to be an excellent way to boost up the HDL in the blood. Salmon oil has proven to be amazing and extremely essential for health.
Fish oil is considered to be valuable for human health because it is rich in Omega 3 acids. When one looks for salmon fish oil supplements, one needs to ensure that these are molecularly distilled. This would ensure it cleans out all the impurities found in the salmon. With the waters being polluted, it is now mandatory that you check the authenticity of the products before you purchase them. Apart from using salmon oil, there are people who prefer to eat the salmon fish itself, which would be enough to maintain the balance of the intake of Omega 3 acids with regular consumption.
Benefits and uses of Salmon Oil:
- Salmon oil is used in the prevention of cardiovascular disease. Protecting against heart attack.
- Salmon oil has a very good supply of essential nutrients for the body, very beneficial for eyesight.
- Salmon oil reduces the ‘bad’ cholesterol in the body as it increases the HDL in the blood.
- Salmon oil helps in reducing inflammation.
- Salmon oil is packed with essential fatty acids that help in the reduction of the symptoms of diseases such as asthma, gallstones, psoriasis, arthritis, atherosclerosis, Crohn’s disease, and more.
- Salmon oil is also known to prevent prostrate cancer.
- Salmon helps in reducing the chances of breast cancer.
- Research has shown that the right intake of salmon oil reduces depression.
- A high intake of salmon oil is linked to a decline in the suffering caused by Alzheimer’s disease.
- Salmon oil lowers high blood pressure.
- Salmon oil reduces menstrual pain cramps.
Studies have shown that children, who consume fresh salmon regularly, have a lower risk of developing asthma than others who generally avoid the consumption of fish.
The best trusted place I have found to buy safe, wild caught alaskan salmon or Alaskan salmon supplements is: vitalchoice.com. All there salmon is tested for heavy metals prior to shipping to your door which keeps your fish source safe and provides you with peace of mind.
- NSF Certified for Sport Salmon Oil + Vitamin D; Certified pure, potent and free of all banned substances
- MSC (Marine Stewardship Council) Certified Sustainable, certifying a source of abundant salmon stocks, a healthy habitat, and a carefully managed fishery
- Purity and Potency tested and certified by NSF International
- Contains no artificial preservatives, color, dairy, starch, wheat, sugar, or soy
Vital Choice Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Oil is a whole, unrefined omega-3 supplement of rare quality, produced by America’s premier wild seafood purveyor. Its purity and potency is certified by NSF, and Vital Choice Salmon Oil was the world’s first fish oil to earn independent certification (from the Marine Stewardship Council) as a sustainably produced supplement. Unlike standard fish oils, which come from various sources and must be chemically refined at high temperatures to ensure purity, Vital Choice Salmon Oil comes from one of the world’s purest fish and retains its full matrix of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants. In addition to providing ample omega-3s, Vital Choice Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Oil is rich in naturally occurring astaxanthin, the powerful antioxidant responsible for its deep orange glow. And unlike many salmon oils, ours comes from wild salmon, not from industrially farmed salmon. Worried about fishy aftertaste? Our oil is made exclusively from fresh, gourmet-quality wild sockeye salmon, for a fresh, appealing flavor and minimal “repeat”. It’s the next best thing to getting your omega-3s from wild Alaskan salmon … and your body will know it.
This company was featured on the Dr. Oz show and has a great selection of both salmon and salmon supplements at a reasonable price. Fish arrives perfectly without the hassle!
Cost: $24 for Vital Choice Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Oil with Vitamin D3, 2000 I.U., 1000mg, 180 Softgels by Vital Choice Wild Seafood & Organics
Vitamin D3 Softgels – 300mg, 180 count
Serving Size 1 Softgel
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin A (Retinol) IU 4%
Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) 2000 IU 5005
Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Oil 300mg**
Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids (20%) 60mg**
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid (8%) 24mg*
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid (7%) 22mg**