Simple Red Sauce
Time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 3-4 Cups Sauce
(9 Item Recipe)
Naturally Vegan & Vegetarian Recipe
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons organic chili powder
- 1 tablespoon organic cumin
- sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh organic garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon organic onion, chopped
- 2 cups organic tomato sauce or fresh organic tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups purified water
- 1/4 Organic Jalapeno, minced fine (optional for spicy sauce)
In large skillet on medium high heat at olive oil. Add chili powder, jalapeno and cumin. Stir. Cook, for 2 minutes stirring frequently, until the spices become dark. Watch it close so it doesn’t burn. Add tomato sauce and water, stir thoroughly. Reduce heat to medium-low for about 20 minutes and allow to come to a slight bubble. Done when thickens.
This red sauce brings a mexican flare to the table. Delicious on enchiladas, topped over burritos, tacos, taco salads, quinoa, potatoes, and more. Goes great with our Enchilada recipe. Saves a bundle getting you more for less, and fresher sauce then your typical canned or jarred store sauce.