If you are one of the many that have been requesting more information on the pH of foods, this is for you. Below you will find a detailed food listings with their corresponding pH levels that can better assist you in making healthier choices in your movement towards a more alkaline diet and lifestyle. The more alkaline and neutral foods you can eat the better it is on your body.
More Ranked Foods: Alkaline (pH) to Acidic (pH)
|Alkaline: Meditation, Prayer, Peace, Kindness & Love||Acid: Overwork, Anger, Fear, Jealousy & Stress|
|Extremely Alkaline Forming Foods – pH 8.5 to 9.0||Extremely Acid Forming Foods – pH 5.0 to 5.5|
| 9.0 Lemons 1, Watermelon 2 8.5 Agar Agar 3, Cantaloupe, Cayenne (Capsicum) 4,
Dried dates & figs, Kelp, Karengo, Kudzu root, Limes,
Mango, Melons, Papaya, Parsley 5, Seedless grapes
(sweet), Watercress, Seaweeds
Asparagus 6, Endive, Kiwifruit, Fruit juices 7, Grapes
(sweet), Passion fruit, Pears (sweet), Pineapple,
Raisins, Umeboshi plum, Vegetable juices 8
| 5.0 Artificial sweeteners 5.5 Beef, Carbonated soft drinks & fizzy drinks 38,
Cigarettes (tailor made), Drugs, Flour (white, wheat)
39, Goat, Lamb, Pastries & cakes from white flour,
Pork, Sugar (white) 40
Beer 34, Brown sugar 35, Chicken, Deer, Chocolate,
Coffee 36, Custard with white sugar, Jams, Jellies,
Liquor 37, Pasta (white), Rabbit, Semolina, Table
salt refined and iodized, Tea black, Turkey, Wheat
bread, White rice, White vinegar (processed).
|Moderate Alkaline – pH 7.5 to 8.0||Moderate Acid – pH 6.0 to 6.5|
| 8.0 Apples (sweet), Apricots, Alfalfa sprouts 9,
Arrowroot, Flour 10, Avocados, Bananas (ripe),
Berries, Carrots, Celery, Currants, Dates & figs
(fresh), Garlic 11, Gooseberry, Grapes (less sweet),
Grapefruit, Guavas, Herbs (leafy green), Lettuce
(leafy green), Nectarine, Peaches (sweet), Pears
(less sweet), Peas (fresh sweet), Persimmon,
Pumpkin (sweet), Sea salt (vegetable) 12, Spinach
7.5 Apples (sour), Bamboo shoots, Beans (fresh green),
Beets, Bell Pepper, Broccoli, Cabbage;Cauli, Carob
13, Daikon, Ginger (fresh), Grapes (sour), Kale,
Kohlrabi, Lettuce (pale green), Oranges, Parsnip,
Peaches (less sweet), Peas (less sweet), Potatoes
& skin, Pumpkin (less sweet), Raspberry, Sapote,
Strawberry, Squash 14, Sweet corn (fresh), Tamari
15, Turnip, Vinegar (apple cider) 16
| 6.0 Cigarette tobacco (roll your own), Cream of Wheat
(unrefined), Fish, Fruit juices with sugar, Maple
syrup (processed), Molasses (sulphured), Pickles
(commercial), Breads (refined) of corn, oats, rice &
rye, Cereals (refined) eg weetbix, corn flakes,
Shellfish, Wheat germ, Whole Wheat foods 32,
Wine 33, Yogurt (sweetened)
6.5 Bananas (green), Buckwheat, Cheeses (sharp),
Corn & rice breads, Egg whole (cooked hard),
Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Oats, Pasta (whole grain),
Pastry (wholegrain & honey), Peanuts, Potatoes
(with no skins), Popcorn (with salt & butter), Rice
(basmati), Rice (brown), Soy sauce (commercial),
Tapioca, Wheat bread (sprouted organic)
|Slightly Alkaline to Neutral pH 7.0||Slightly Acid to Neutral pH 7.0|
| 7.0 Almonds 17, Artichokes (Jerusalem), Barley-Malt
(sweetener-Bronner), Brown Rice Syrup, Brussel
Sprouts, Cherries, Coconut (fresh), Cucumbers, Egg
plant, Honey (raw), Leeks, Miso, Mushrooms, Okra,
Olives ripe 18, Onions, Pickles 19, (home made),
Radish, Sea salt 20, Spices 21, Taro, Tomatoes
(sweet), Vinegar (sweet brown rice), Water Chestnut
Amaranth, Artichoke (globe), Chestnuts (dry
roasted), Egg yolks (soft cooked), Essene bread 22,
Goat’s milk and whey (raw) 23, Horseradish,
Mayonnaise (home made), Millet, Olive oil, Quinoa,
Rhubarb, Sesame seeds (whole) 24, Soy beans
(dry), Soy cheese, Soy milk, Sprouted grains 25,
Tempeh, Tofu, Tomatoes (less sweet), Yeast
| 7.0 Barley malt syrup, Barley, Bran, Cashews, Cereals
(unrefined with honey-fruit-maple syrup), Cornmeal,
Cranberries 30, Fructose, Honey (pasteurized),
Lentils, Macadamias, Maple syrup (unprocessed),
Milk (homogenized) and most processed dairy
products, Molasses (unsulphered organic) 31,
Nutmeg, Mustard, Pistachios, Popcorn & butter
(plain), Rice or wheat crackers (unrefined), Rye
(grain), Rye bread (organic sprouted), Seeds
(pumpkin & sunflower), Walnuts
Blueberries, Brazil nuts, Butter (salted), Cheeses
(mild & crumbly) 28, Crackers (unrefined rye),
Dried beans (mung, adzuki, pinto, kidney,
garbanzo) 29, Dry coconut, Egg whites, Goats
milk (homogenized), Olives (pickled), Pecans,
Plums 30, Prunes 30, Spelt
|Neutral pH 7.0 Ñ Healthy Body Saliva pH Range is between 6.4 to 6.8 (on your pH test strips)|
| Butter (fresh unsalted), Cream (fresh and raw), Margarine 26, Milk (raw cow’s) 27, Oils (except olive),
Whey (cow’s), Yogurt (plain)
NOTE: Match with the numbers above.
1. Excellent for EMERGENCY SUPPORT for colds, coughs, sore throats, heartburn, and gastrointestinal upsets.
2. Good for a yearly fast. For several days eat whole melon, chewing pieces well. Super alkalizing food.
3. Substitute for gelatin, more nourishing.
4. Stimulating, non-irritating body healer. Good for endocrine system.
5. Purifies kidneys.
6. Powerful acid reducer detoxing to produce acid urine temporarily, causing alkalinity for the long term.
7. Natural sugars give alkalinity. Added sugar causes juice to become acid forming.
8. Depends on vege’s content and sweetness.
9. Enzyme rich, superior digestibility.
10. High calcium content. Cornflour substitute.
11. Elevates acid food 5.0 in alkaline direction.
12. Vegetable content raises alkalinity.
13. Substitute for coca; mineral rich.
14. Winter squash rates 7.5. Butternut and sweeter squash rates 8.0.
15. Genuine fermented for 11Ú2 years otherwise 6.0.
16. Raw unpasteurized is a digestive aid to increase HCL in the stomach. 1 tablespoon, + honey & water before meals.
17. Soak 12 hours, peel skin to eat.
18. Sundried, tree ripened, otherwise 6.0.
19. Using sea salt and apple cider vinegar.
20. Contains sea minerals. Dried at low temperatures.
21. Range from 7.0 to 8.0.
22. Sprouted grains are more alkaline. Grains chewed well become more alkaline.
23. High sodium to aid digestion.
24. High levels of utilizable calcium. Grind before eating.
25. Alkalinity and digestibility higher.
26. Heating causes fats to harden and become indigestible.
27. High mucus production.
28. Mucus forming and hard to digest.
29. When sprouted dry beans rate 7.0.
30. Contain acid-forming benzoic and quinic acids.
31. Full of iron.
32. Unrefined wheat is more alkaline.
33. High quality red wine, no more than 4 oz. daily to build blood.
34. Good quality, well brewed – up to 5.5. Fast brewed beers drop to 5.0.
35. Most are white sugars with golden syrup added.
36. Organic, fresh ground-up to 5.5.
37. Cheaper brands drop to 5.0, as does over-indulgence.
38. Leaches minerals.
39. Bleached – has no goodness.
40. Poison! Avoid it.
41. Potential cancer agent. Over-indulgence may cause partial blindness.