Modified from VT’s original recipe
Quinoa Agave Rice Granola
Gluten Free Quinoa Agave Rice Granola
Yields: 6 Servings
Time: 3o Minutes or less
Naturally Vegan, Vegetarian & Gluten Free
- 5 unsalted brown rice cakes
- ½ cup quinoa flakes, such as Ancient Harvest
- ½ cup coarsely chopped raw almonds
- ⅓ cup agave
- 4 Tbs. (½ stick) margarine or butter
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries, cherries, or other bite-size dried fruit
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Crumble rice cakes in bowl until only 1/4-inch-or-smaller pieces remain. Stir in quinoa flakes and almonds.
3. Melt together honey, margarine, and vegetable oil in saucepan over low heat. Stir in cinnamon. Stir honey mixture into rice cake mixture until well coated. Spread on baking sheet, and bake 10 minutes. Stir, and bake 10 minutes more, or until granola is golden-brown. Cool on baking sheet. Break granola into small clusters. Mix in dried fruit.