Tomato Onion Eggplant w/ Agave Mint Sauce
Yield: 6 Servings
Time: 30 Minutes
11 Item Recipe
Naturally Vegan & Vegetarian
- 1 Tbs. Olive oil
- 1 lb. organic Japanese eggplant, trimmed and diced (3 cups)
- 1 medium red organic onion, thinly sliced (1½ cups)
- 4 small to medium Organic tomatoes, chopped (2 cups)
- 3 Tbs. organic Agave
- 2 Tbs. organic low-sodium Tamari
- 2 tsp.organic lime juice
- 1 ½ tsp. chile-garlic sauce, such as Huy Fong (optional)
- 3 cups organic bean sprouts
- 1 8-oz. Organic bamboo shoots, sliced, rinsed and drained (optional)
- ½ cup Fresh organic mint, choped
Heat pan then add oil to large skillet on high heat. Add eggplant and onion; stir-frying for 10 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, agave, tamari, lime juice, and chile-garlic sauce.
Cook for 2-3 minutes more. Add bean sprouts and bamboo shoots; stirring for 2 minutes.
Top dish with fresh chopped mint.
Fresh mint adds a cool and refreshing element to this hearty eggplant stir-fry.
If you are looking for a spicy dish then you will enjoy the chili garlic sauce added.
It is always best to try the chili garlic sauce before adding to ensure you will enjoy the extra layer of spice.