Easy Pecan Agave French Toast Casserole
- 3/4 cup agave or 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 6 (1 1/2-inch-thick) slices Whole Wheat Baguette bread
- 6 tablespoons dairy free whipped topping, optional
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
Combine agave and vegan butter in a small, pan over low heat. Warm 3 minutes or until warm stirring constantly. Pour agave mixture into bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread mixture evenly over bottom of pan. Set aside; cool completely.
Combine almond milk, vanilla, and eggs in a large shallow bowl; stir with a whisk. Dip 1 bread slice in milk mixture; arrange bread slice over sugar mixture in dish. Repeat procedure with remaining 5 bread slices. Pour any remaining egg mixture over bread slices. Let sit for 2-3 Minutes to soak.
Preheat oven to 350°. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
While casserole bakes, Place 1 bread slice, caramel side up, on each of 6 plates; top each serving with 1 tablespoon topping and 1 teaspoon pecans.