Zuchinni Basil Rolls
- 3 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/16 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium. Discard the outermost slices of zucchini; brush the rest with oil on both sides. Sprinkle the zucchini slices with salt and pepper. Grill until tender, about 4 minutes per side. You can prepare the zucchini a day ahead and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, parsley, and lemon juice, mashing together with a fork. Put 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture about 1/2 inch from the end of a zucchini slice. Top with a few spinach leaves and a small (or half of a large) basil leaf. Roll up and place seam side down on a platter. You can make these up to a day in advance; store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
These bright-green creations make the perfect appetizer to serve at a party.
Full of flavor and zest, grilled zucchini roll-ups are sure to impress guests, especially when you confess that each serving is only 80 calories.