Time: 30 minutes or less
11 Ingredient Recipe
Vegetarian/ Gluten Free
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups soaked lentil beans or 3 organic cans no sodium
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, or more to taste
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 6 Tbs. plain nonfat Greek yogurt or soy yogurt, optional
- Pot of Cooked fluffed quinoa
1. Cook pot of quinoa by boiling water, adding rinsed quinoa bringing to a boil. Then reduce to simmer for 12 minutes. Keep covered fluff with fork when done and pull away from heat.
2. Heat oil in medium saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, sauté for 2 minutes until soft and clear. Take garlic cooking for 1 minute until garlic light golden and soft, Stir constantly.
3. Add in tomatoes, chickpeas, cinnamon, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Add sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring throughout.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, or until mixture is reduced and sauce has thickened, stirring often from bottom to prevent sticking.
Great optional garnishes:
Fresh diced mint